Tinder, Match, Ourtime, OkCupid, Hinge, Plenty of Fish to Encourage UK Users to “Join the Boosted”
DALLAS, Feb. 11, 2022 -- Match Group (NASDAQ: MTCH) announced today that it is partnering with the government of the United Kingdom for the second time to promote COVID-19 booster vaccinations across its leading UK brands. Through the month of February, Tinder, Match, Ourtime, and Plenty of Fish will encourage UK users to “Join the Boosted” with in-app messages. Vaccination badges, which were rolled out for last summer’s campaign and let singles display their vaccine status on their profiles, are still live across Tinder, Match, Ourtime, OkCupid, Hinge, and Plenty of Fish.
“As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, vaccinations remain the best way we can protect ourselves and others,” said Alexandre Lubot, CEO of Match Group EMEA and APAC. “We are proud to once again be working with the UK government in support of COVID-19 booster vaccinations to help singles in the UK date more safely and with more confidence in the coming months.”
Users across Match Group's dating platforms around the world have continued to proactively post about their vaccine status. As vaccines began to roll out, Match Group introduced vaccination badges and awareness campaigns across its dating platforms starting in May 2021. A recent survey of Plenty of Fish users found that more than one-third (37%) of British singles said they view vaccination as a desirable trait when considering potential dates.
“Getting your booster vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19,” Vaccines Minister Maggie Throup said. “It’s great to see people making the most of our restored freedoms thanks to the vaccination programme, and now getting a booster may even help you find someone special to share them all with.”
Below are examples of booster vaccine promotion campaigns launching across Match Group in the UK:
• Tinder: Tinder will run ads in the app encouraging people to get their booster jabs. Vaccination badges are still available for users to add to their profiles to display their vaccine status. Tinder is the world's most popular app for meeting new people.
• Match & Ourtime: Members will see “Join the Boosted” messages across both the mobile and web experiences. Members are still able to add a badge to their profiles to display their vaccine status. Match is the place in the UK for daters who want to start something real. Ourtime is the dating site for like-minded singles over 50.
• OkCupid: Users will continue to be able to display the “I'm Vaccinated” badge on their profiles if they answer “yes” in response to the OkCupid matching question, “Do you want to add a badge to your profile to tell others you've gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?” Already over 1M users have participated, with more users around the world adding it every day. Additionally, the Vaccinated Stack allows OkCupid daters to filter just for matches that have received the vaccine or booster. OkCupid is the dating app made famous by its iconic questions that help people “Match on What Matters,” creating love around the world for all communities.
• Hinge: Hinge is encouraging users to share their vaccination status on their profiles. Daters who share that they are “vaccinated” receive 30% more matches. As the dating app “Designed To Be Deleted,” Hinge is excited to help get its community back out on dates.
• Plenty of Fish: Members will receive in-app push notifications encouraging booster jabs and will still have the opportunity to add the “I Got the Jab” badge to their profile, further helping them connect with like-minded singles. Plenty of Fish is a singles community where members can discover what they're looking for through low pressure dating experiences.
For more on Match Group's work with the United Kingdom, please visit: nhs.uk/covidvaccine.
About Match Group
Match Group (NASDAQ: MTCH), through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of digital technologies designed to help people make meaningful connections. Our global portfolio of brands includes Tinder®, Match®, Meetic®, OkCupid®, Hinge®, Pairs™, PlentyOfFish®, OurTime®, Azar®, Hakuna Live™, and more, each built to increase our users' likelihood of connecting with others. Through our trusted brands, we provide tailored services to meet the varying preferences of our users. Our services are available in over 40 languages to our users all over the world.